Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Honda TRX450R
Call for Price
Performance that's been proven time and again.
If you're looking for a sport ATV with a serious racing pedigree, then you've found it: the TRX450R.
Winner of three Baja 1000s, the TRX450R offers up an ideal mix of performance, handling and power, thanks to a MX-inspired Unicam® liquid-cooled four stroke engine. Pro-Link® suspension with over 9” of travel. A Baja-proven chassis. And a convenient electric starter for quick starts out of the pit.
The result is a proven race performer packed with Honda dependability that can take you right where you want to go: the top of the podium.
Race ready engine.
The Unicam® engine design has been proven a winner on MX and ATV racing circuits alike, and this 450cc four stroke iteration is no different.
Maximum stability and control.
Our Pro-Link® rear suspension features a Showa® piggyback shock that's fully adjustable to rider preference and provides a full 9.3 inches of travel.
A growing success story.
If you're serious about racing, then the TRX450R is for you. Want proof? Check out the accolades and victories it's racked up in our Racing Section.
- MX-Proven Suspension and Chassis: Pro-Link® rear suspension connects to the swingarm via a progressive linkage and features a fully adjustable Showa® piggyback shock, providing 9.3 inches of travel.
- Dual Front Disc Brakes: Dual 174mm front disc brakes with twin-piston calipers and high-pressure front brake lines provide excellent stopping power. Aluminum brake calipers and brackets front and rear reduce weight.
- Rear Disc Brake with Aluminum Caliper: 190mm rear disc and beefy single-piston caliper provide improved stopping power. Aluminum brake calipers and brackets front and rear reduce weight.
- Handy, Dependable Electric Starter: Electric-start system features an electric starter that drives the clutch side of the crankshaft, providing superior lubrication of starter gears while producing a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft. Handlebar-mounted, push-button electric start system—the ultimate in convenience and reliability.
- High-Performance Flat-Slide Carburetor: 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features flat-slide construction with four rollers. This results in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Twin-Sump Lubrication: Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination to the engine oil and reduces the amount of circulating oil and the required size of the oil pump.
- Unicam® Cylinder Head Design: CRF®-derived Unicam valve train features a lightweight, compact single-cam drive and optimum combustion-chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Nikasil Cylinder Lining: High-performance Nikasil cylinder lining is plated directly to the aluminum cylinder wall. It's tough, smooth, lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life and higher engine performance.
- Engine Type: 450 cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96 mm x 62 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 40 mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 36 mm intake (titanium), 30 mm exhaust (steel)
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with Showa® shocks, featuring adjustable spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping; 8.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® with single Showa shock featuring adjustable spring-preload, rebound- and compression damping; 9.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual hydraulic 174 mm discs with twin-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Single hydraulic 190 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tires: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
- Rear Tires: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial
- Length: 73.3 in.
- Width: 46.3 in.
- Height: 43.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.2 in.
- Seat Height: 32.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 4.4 in.
- Curb Weight: 388 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gal., including 0.8-gal. reserve
- Model Id: TRX450R
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: White/Orange
- Note: No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
- Options: Consult your owner's manual for optional HRC Racing kit parts
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, Unicam®, four-valve; 36 mm intake (titanium), 30 mm exhaust (steel)
- 450 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 96 mm x 62 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 40 mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with Showa® shocks, featuring adjustable spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping
- Front Travel
- 8.4 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 174 mm discs with twin-piston calipers
- Front Tires
- 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® with single Showa shock featuring adjustable spring-preload, rebound- and compression damping
- Rear Travel
- 9.3 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Single hydraulic 190 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Rear Tires
- 20 x 10-9 knobby radial
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 388 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.7 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 4.4 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 73.3 in. x 46.3 in. x 43.3 in.
- 50.2 in.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- One year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.